I admit the facts and figures, which are in front of everyone over here in Pakistan and else where in the world the way they see, how Pakistan is struggling, specially when nature turns bit rude yet again we have heavy rainfall and flood in lower Interior Sindh area which is on the news through out the world. But under estimating Pakistan with current conditions would be totally wrong, since I been living and trying to understand what is going on, I can assure to everyone that 2012 , 2013 Pakistan will rise again, with it’s assets and resources, there’s a conflict on going with United States, but they never stopped blame game, to stop sanctions ( IMF ) which are required in times like this, when Pakistan’s Province Sindh 30 percent is being devestated by rainfall and flood, nearly around 3 million people are displaced and needs assistance.
Why am i saying not to under estimate Pakistan? on the long run here are some key points which may clear your doubts :-
1. Thar Coal Project will start producing electricity by 2012 and by 2014 It will produce the required energy.
2. Pak/Iran Gas Pipeline Project is almost 70 percent done, in 2012 It will be connected and gas flow from Iran will fill up required rate.
3. China is investing in Pakistan, more than before, after Gawadar Port which is the HUB for not only south asia but It will be connected via Road with Russia as well , Railroad Track from China will be constructed, where as Pakistan is already connected with Iran , Turkey Via Railroad , Trade is on going and figures are improving as suicide attacks and terrorism is controlled in Pakistan almost 50 percent than previous years.
4. Pakistan’s President’s visit to Russia made a positive impact on both countries relation, where President said ” Pakistan’s Doors are always open for Russian Investors and Business ” which is also positive step further toward bright future of Pakistan.
5. Pakistan’s IT Industry stepped in race as well, which means IT will also bring changes, by making revenue in return.
6. Pakistan was known because of Sports such as squash , snooker , cricket but now this time, Blind Cricket team Won the title , under 19 made a tremendous progress as well female cricket team, Pakistan into Boxing , Foot Ball , swimming and Tennis are new entries from where world is getting to know PAKISTAN.
7. I am not satisfied with Government but the way President is making changes and making relations with Iran , China , Russia , France and European Union, surely he knows what he is up to and how to get Pakistan out of this mess, regardless of our politicians statements and Media War on local channels.
8. Karachi , Beach City Master plan will get started in which A International Airport is also included along the beach hopefully 2012 those who are not aware of it will know that Karachi will become #1 Mega City in the world by 2025.
9. Islamabad, the capital, many new projects are on going , like Airport , World Trade Center ( Towers ) apart from this many advancements are being done in Islamabad as well in Karachi , Lahore , Peshawar and Quetta concerning security, In Karachi and Islamabad they are already working and monitoring the City by CCTV and Police Patrolling is not like before, since they have been given decent vehicles and latest weapons.
10. Since Pakistan is 70 Percent depending on Agriculture, New plans for modern agriculture and providing them facilities soon all provinces will produce above and beyond expectations. Still there’s so much to be discussed on and sort out in Agriculture sector.
11. Telecom sector , hopefully by the end of this year will start up 3G technology and will also provide video conference to customers, yet upgrading is on going specially in Telenor , Mobilink , Zong and Ufone.
No doubt Pakistani Youth is Talented and skillful and I have no doubt on their abilities to keep up with the world as Pakistan steps further into Future, I see the Brighter days.
By : Farhan Imaan
- Don’t under estimate Pakistan (farees.wordpress.com)
- National Geographic: India and Pakistan at Odds Over Shrinking Indus River (anisekirkpatrick.wordpress.com)
- Pakistan a Great Country (socyberty.com)
- US against Pakistan Why? (farees.wordpress.com)