Let’s say if your vehicle is in good condition and you think it has good fuel or CNG average, how about getting the most out of it by following few tips, I took me long to research , experiment and the results, but here I am sharing with you all hope you will find them useful and follow them and get 30 percent more efficiency.
- Never keep your foot on clutch pedal ( for manual transmission )
- Change the gears as soon the vehicle is easy to lift itself in above gear nice and smooth
- Try not to change gears again and again, vehicle can recover from even 5 to 10 kmph speed in same gear ( like Top Gear )
- Save Brake pads, reduce speed with lowering the gears. for eg: if you are in 5th gear and speed is 100 shift into 3rd release clutch with sync timing slow,vehicle will reduce speed without using brakes or emergency brakes ( hand brake ) .
- Never step on throttle full constantly, it waste emission and instead of being efficient.
- Spark Plugs Change them after 25000 km.
- Plugs wires should be coated so current flow as throttle and RPM goes higher
- Keep the car in same lane instead of changing wind pressure against makes harder for vehicle adjust same speed constantly.
- Keep an average of your route times, cruise on comfortable speed half of the meter Lets say full speed is 180 kmph, on 90 your vehicle will give you the best fuel/CNG average.
- If the Vehicle is CNG, Air Filter must be clean after 15 to 20 days. else it gets chocked and vehicle uses extra force.
- Tyre pressure is the most important part, normally its 28-30 Psi, but if your on the long run and tyre size is bigger than recommended, keep 31-33 Psi.
- If the vehicle is on CNG it’s easy to tune the Kit, by hearing engine crank shaft valve sound timing. normally RPM on standby should be 700 to 900 RPM. not more than this.
- If you are on the high way and you have to cross distance around 160 km , ( 100 miles ) keep your average speed 90-100 kmph
- If you have air condition in cabin or cold weather, keep window glasses closed, they help to cut the wind
- Drive smoothly and soothing, while at the speed of 100 kmph in top gear. ( gear shifting practice first how to lower the gears to reduce speed and break the motion.
- Do Not use Brake unnecessarily specially full brake ( Disc and ABS )
- Check Radiator water level and oil Gage rod, somewhere MAX to MIN and how to check oil does it still have required oil in chamber.
- Avoid being 2 fast 2 furious hero, what you are saving today is for the better tomorrow.
- Get all 4 wheels washed properly from suspension end and grease them. once in a 4 months at least.
- You vehicle is your pet, keep wiring , engine and suspension working rest is all Picasso’s art work ( the Body )
I will add up more tips later for now I hope It’s challenging task to pick vehicle in top gear from zero without engine knocking, even we are in modern jet cold fusion age, but still our vehicle waste 95% on it’s self you and I only travel on remaining 5% . now the task is how to make it opposite, emission and efficiency without any modification drive on my mention method and see the difference yourself.
I get the average with full load Daewoo Racer 1.5 litre engine consumes less CNG than Sukuzi Mehran 800cc engine, which is almost half of its CC’s technology it will take more than 10 years to bring new era starts, alternate fuel. slight modifications as driver and owner makes the car easy and always ready to rumble. Drive Safe.
” Driving is the one of most remarkable fine art”
Faree 2002. Gawadar Rally , Position 7th out of 112.
Above mentioned content is written by Faree Imaan.